- Feta cheese – about 400 gr
- Garlic- about 5 cloves
- Red hot chili pepper – 2 pieces
- Black pepper not grounded – 1 spoon
- Laurel leafs– 1 piece for each jar
- Fresh thyme- few leafs
- Olive oil
- In addition to the fresh herbs you can use any aroma that you like or fitting with cheese, like rosemary for example or some people like fresh mint. It’ s up to you to choose any flavor on your own taste.
- Jars – those are ingredients for 2 jars
You cut the garlic cloves in round pieces. Remove the seeds inside the red hot chili pepper and cut it pieces as you wish. I also added some green pepper and I didn’t have fresh thyme so I added dry grounded thyme. The cheese cut it cubes as big as you want taking in consideration the opening of your jar. On the bottom of the jar put some of the ingredients. Add the cheese and between it part of your ingredients too. Fill the jar with olive oil. Your cheese with the ingredients must be well cover with the oil when you cover the jar. Keep the jar out in dry place for 2 days. After that you can store it in the fridge between 2 to 3 weeks.
I wish you bon appétit !